The Trustees have been reviewing their approach to grantmaking and setting priorities and objectives for the next few years. This has included consultation with many local voluntary organisations which has reinforced for us the importance of funding which addresses the needs of families and individuals in our area of benefit who face multiple, complex problems. A first outcome of this period of review and reflection is a determination to provide some help to local residents struggling with debt and especially therefore to relieve some of the consequences of debt, including mental health problems and eviction.
This paper invites outline proposals from organisations experienced in offering debt advice and support with debt management. Around £50,000 per annum is to be allocated by the Trustees of The Hampstead Wells and Campden Trust for a debt advice service for up to three years. We would hope to see this providing a full-time service, especially focussing on Kilburn and West Hampstead, and offering thorough, specialist, face-to-face debt advice, to enable individuals and families to prioritise and tackle their debts.
In responding to this call for proposal we would expect an applicant organisation to offer evidence of solid experience in this work, a knowledge of the area, a short description of the nature of the support offered to people in debt, an idea of where the service would be based, and a brief note on how impact would be evidenced: clarity of outcomes will be needed for us to support this project, together with the organisation’s ability to demonstrate those outcomes. We would also be pleased to see volunteer involvement in any service offered.
Trustees will be keen to maintain a close relationship with the grant recipient.
Details of the timetable are listed below:
- An outline of the project and applicant organisation, on one side of A4 only, to reach us for shortlisting by 20 October 2017. Send this to email@example.com.
- Shortlisting Panel to meet in the week commencing 23 October 2017.
- Shortlisted applicants informed by 27 October and more detailed applications invited by 24 November.
- Review of applications by the Trust to be completed by 4 December 2017.
- We will then work with the chosen organisation(s) to agree the form of the project, the milestones and how we will measure impact. Following this we will award a grant.
- All applicants to be informed of the Trust’s decision as soon as possible thereafter.
For an informal discussion please contact Sheila Taylor, Director & Clerk to the Trustees on 020 7435 1570. Further details about the work of The Hampstead Wells and Campden Trust, you can visit their website on www.hwct.org.uk.
NB when your one page proposal is received at the office it will be acknowledged. If you do not hear from the Trust within four days please ring to check that your email has been received.